Yes, I think a blogging glossary would be handy because if you didn’t know something you could easily find it out on the blogging glossary. I got it from:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_blogging
- Another popular feed format developed as an alternative to RSS.
- Automated form of podcasting that allows bloggers and blog readers to generate audio versions of text blogs from RSS feeds.
- A blog where the posts consist mainly of voice recordings sent by mobile phone, sometimes with some short text message added for metadata purposes. (cf. podcasting)
- A law blog.
- An entry in a blog requesting information or contributions.
- Blog Carnival
- A blog article that contains links to other articles covering a specific topic. Most blog carnivals are hosted by a rotating list of frequent contributors to the carnival, and serve to both generate new posts by contributors and highlight new bloggers posting matter in that subject area.
- Blog client
- (weblog client) is software to manage (post, edit) blogs from operating system with no need to launch a web browser. A typical blog client has an editor, a spell-checker and a few more options that simplify content creation and editing.
- Person who runs a blog. Also blogger.com, a popular blog hosting web site. Rarely: weblogger.
- Blogs written by and for Mormons (a portmanteau of “blog” and “Tabernacle“). Generally refers to faithful Mormon bloggers and sometimes refers to a specific grouping of faithful Mormon bloggers.
- One of the most popular blog awards.
- A list of other blogs that a blogger might recommend by providing links to them (usually in a sidebar list).
- All blogs, or the blogging community.
- A free blog counter that allows bloggers to track visitors and provides related web analytics data such as pageviews, keywords, and countries.
- A category of software which consists of a specialized form of a Content Management System specifically designed for creating and maintaining weblogs.
- The BOBs
- The largest international blog awards.
- Catblogging (traditionally “Friday catblogging”)
- The practice of posting pictures of cats, in typical cat postures and expressions, on a blog. Sometimes a comment on the cat or the situation shown is provided. ‘Catblogging’ as a distinct and defined practice originated on Calpundit.com, by Kevin Drum. He also established Friday as the canonical catblogging day.
- Collaborative blog
- A blog (usually focused on a single issue or political stripe) on which multiple users enjoy posting permission. Also known as group blog.
- Comment spam
- Like e-mail spam. Robot “spambots” flood a blog with advertising in the form of bogus comments. A serious problem that requires bloggers and blog platforms to have tools to exclude some users or ban some addresses in comments.
- Desktop Blogging Client
- An off-line blog management (posting, editing and archiving) tool
- To rebut a blog entry in a line-by-line fashion.
- A portmanteau of “fake” and “blog”. A blog that’s ghostwritten by someone, such as in the marketing department.
- A food blog; sometimes, a blog dedicated to food porn.
- RSS Feeds.
- A journalist blog.
- A blog with a Jewish focus.
- Term for blogs written by members or veterans of any branch of military service – Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines. A contraction of military and blog.
- A portmanteau of “mobile” and “blog”. A blog featuring posts sent mainly by mobile phone, using SMS or MMS messages. They are often photoblogs.
- Mommy blog
- A blog featuring discussions especially about home and family.
- A blog constructed as a conversation between more than two people.
- A portmanteau of National Blog Posting Month. Writing a post every day for a month on one’s blog. Began in 2006 as an alternative challenge to National Novel Writing Month, which is an annual challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. After a couple years of holding NaBloPoMo exclusively in November, the challenge was expanded to include participants every month though prizes are only awarded in November. 
- Permanent link. The unique URL of a single post. Use this when you want to link to a post somewhere.
- Type of blog utilising the Gopher protocol instead of HTTP
- A Photoblog. A portmanteau of “photo” and “blog”.
- A blog mostly containing photos, posted constantly and chronologically.
- The alert in the TrackBack system that notifies the original poster of a blog post when someone else writes an entry concerning the original post.
- Contraction of “iPod” and “broadcasting” (but not for iPods only). Posting audio and video material on a blog and its RSS feed, for digital players.
- An entry written and published to a blog.
- Post Slug
- For blogs with common language URLs, the post slug is the portion of the URL that represents the post. Example: http://domain.com/2008/01/this-is-the-post-slug
- Really Simple Syndication is a family of Web feed formats used to publish frequently updated content such as blog entries, news headlines or podcasts.
- RSS aggregator
- Software or online service allowing a blogger to read an RSS feed, especially the latest posts on their favourite blogs. Also called a reader, or feedreader.
- RSS feed
- The file containing a blog’s latest posts. It is read by an RSS aggregator/reader and shows at once when a blog has been updated. It may contain only the title of the post, the title plus the first few lines of a post, or the entire post.
- Search engine friendly URLs
- or, for short, SEF URLs, implemented with a Rewrite engine.
- Spam blog
- A blog which is composed of spam. A Spam blog or “any blog whose creator doesn’t add any written value.”
- Slashdot effect
- The Slashdot effect can hit blogs or other website, and is caused by a major website (usually Slashdot, but also Digg, Metafilter, Boing Boing, Instapundit and others) sending huge amounts of temporary traffic that often slow down the server.
- The term used when a blogs feed is added to a feed reader like Bloglines or Google. Some blogging platforms have internal subscriptions, this allows readers to receive notification when there are new posts in a blog.
- Templates, used on the “back end” of a blog that work together to handle information and present it on a blog.
- CSS based code that when applied to the templates will result in visual element changes to the blog. The theme, as a whole, is also referred to as a blog design.
- A system that allows a blogger to see who has seen the original post and has written another entry concerning it. The system works by sending a ‘ping’ between the blogs, and therefore providing the alert.
- A video blog; a vlogger is a video blogger (e.g. someone who records himself interviewing people of a certain field).
- a blog devoted mostly or wholly to covering news events concerning an ongoing war.
- the unshortened version of ‘blog’.
This is the student blogging challenge meme we are supposed to write about one of the things you have done in life, that make you glow with pride.
I would have to say that my meme would have to be, badminton because my partner Alycia and I were champingions of the girls doubles badminton tournament in our school, which we are sooooooo very pround of but, the best thing is that since we are the chamigions we get to go to the big big girls doubles badminton tournament. So, once we go on Monday, May 16,2011 we will find out if we will go far in that tournament which, we are hoping to do really well in. WISH US LUCK! Guess what happened in the big tournament my partner and I did really well in the tournament a became champigions there too we are soooooo very pround of our selves and our whole school our school came second overal in the big tournament whichs makes our school happy because it is the first time our school has ever gone this far in badminton. We thank our great badminton teacher Mr. D for being there for us every game we played and never giving up on us. Thanks a million Mr. D you are the greatest badminton teacher ever!!!!!
Now I got a queston for you. Do you like to play badminton?
Another good meme is Miss W’s here is the website to get there:http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/2011/05/01/pride-in-myself-meme/
This is the person I think should be reconized too because in class she has great stories of her past which should be reconized my teacher.Miss H.
I like to do alot of things so, I will give you a list of the things that I like and then I will tell you a little about it.
1.Badminton (a great sport, easy and fun.)
2.Quading (great just to drive around, letting your hair fly around in the wind.)
3.Fishing (fun once you catch one, gives you a rush when you get a great big fish.)
4.Rabbits (so cute and cuddley. I have 15 miniture rabbits)
5.Music (relaxes me, makes me happy/excited/pumped.)
6.Taking pictures (fun, and i am good at it.)
7.Soccer (made it on the soccer team, fun just to run around.)
8. Tanning outside in the sun (I love being brown!)
9.Dancing (A great way to have fun, I love it!)
10.Talking (I love to just sit around chill out and talk about funny things.)
11. Laughing (I LOVE LAUGHING, it make soooo me happy! LOL!!!!!)
That is a little about me here is a video of the things that intrest me.
‘ >Migration of canadian geese
This is a type of bird that leaves every winter to the south where it is warm/hot.
Our school is doing alot of things for earth week like:
Tuesday~Plant a Tree and kick off the photot contest-meet out in the gym, we will go over what is planned for the week, and then go to the courtyard to plant a tree (weather permitting) we will at 2:30.
Wednesday~Yard clean-up in our spirit teams- the school grounds and the baseball diamond will be split into sections for each spirit colour team, similar to last year. Please encourage all students to bring a garden/work glove from home- only one garbage bag will be handed out per spirit team. We will go out to do the clean-up around 10:10 (15 minutes) then outside for recess and routines as usual. Paperless classroom day- the first of the 3 R’s is to reduce…. the main focus should be to reduce our consumption of things…. therefore try to go paperless for the day.
Thursday~ Litterless lunch- The classroom teacher will choose one student to win a prize for the best, most original, earth friendly litterless lunch.
Friday~ Spirit day- Green day- wear green to show your support for the planet.